Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today's Wisdom

(I have my eye on this here print. Read more about its artist here)

I'm not the only one hot on the trail of our state's letterpressers. I stumbled upon this fellow, Jim Fahy, and his interview with Amos Kennedy of Gordo, AL. Read up, watch the video and enjoy the spunk of this South Alabama character.

He says:

I don’t work. I live. I live everyday. And part of the living is interacting with this space. And that’s what I do. When you work…Work and employment I equate as being the same. But when you live, that’s just what you do. This production does not take away from my enjoyment of life. A lot of times people use work to indicate the use of physical labor for an output…as physics. Both of those things are done at the beck and call of someone else. I consider what I do more living because I interact with this space and things come out of it. I learn something every day. If you’re doing what you wanna do that ain’t work that’s life. Everybody should have a life not a job.

H yeah. I think I might pay ole Kennedy a visit myself 'fore too long.

No comments: