Friday, July 3, 2009

The Great Perhaps























It's definitely crossed my mind over the past few months, as my industry has seen enough casualties to rival the Civil War. I always knew that nothing was guaranteed for me. And, yesterday, at 9am, it came to a head, and I received the news that our office was being shut down. It didn't come as a complete shock. I've been thinking of, praying about, preparing for this for a while now. 

While I don't know what's ahead for me, I wholeheartedly trust the Lord. 

The wonderful thing is that He has been planting dreaming seeds in me for a long time. I have ideas, I have desires. I have courage and friends who support and encourage me to take hold of this extravagant life to which I'm being beckoned. I trust the Lord. I will be fine.

No, I take that back. I will be better. 

I covet your prayers. Stay tuned. 

3 comments:

rebekah said...

This opens you up to a million and one possibilities. Let me know if I can help or encourage you in any way!

Paul said...

Join the club. I too have recently become a member. It's the cool thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Yes, better! I said it before, and I'll say it again: I have not, even once, wished things were different. May it be so for you, my friend.