Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This is What It's Like

To borrow from a stand-by calm-me-down musician, Denison Witmer, .... exaggerated sigh here...."this is what it's like, finding your feet again."

I've finally had a morning off to breathe, walk, at-home cook, rest and regain the composure I very quickly seem to have lost in the midst of the last few days.

Deep breaths, time alone, time to think. Yes, this is just what the doctor ordered for my regaining of some perspective. On my walk this morning, I found myself strolling and singing (as I often do on my neighborhood walk. If you catch me in the act, I won't be ashamed of it, either) to the words to this song:

This is what it's like
Finding your feet again
The part of you that couldn't
Finally thinks you can...

You're falling asleep again
Part of you a dreamer
Part of you is dreamt

Go now in the light of your God
Go now in the love of your God
Go now in the peace of your God
Go now in the joy of your God.

I'm surely not claiming to have gotten a handle on the busyness of my life at present. I'm not writing to tell you that I've got the answers, and it's plain and simple. Because, let me tell you. It sure as hell isn't.

But, this is me, writing to you from my cluttered kitchen table, as I claim a few minutes of sitting before I rush off to the next packed portion of my day, I am trying.

I am seeking to live a more focused life.
I am looking to live less frantically, more purposefully.
I am hoping to waste less time.
Invite more friends over for lingering suppers.
Go on longer, less-hurried walks.
Find my feet again.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Cory, I love your thoughts here. Though every day may not have the simplicity or quiet we often crave, I think God blesses us with these moments (sitting at your cluttered kitchen table, serving dinner to friends) to show us glimpses of what He offers. Beautiful!