Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Magic Number

According to last month's issue of Real Simple magazine, seven is "the maximum number of tasks that should be on a daily to-do list to avoid mental overflow." Good advice. I'm going to try it. Today is a day to:

1. Finish up two magazine articles I've been working on (does that count as just one? We'll say yes for the sake of this exercise).
2. Finish watching this movie that has taken me three separate evenings to complete.
3. Set aside (at least) thirty minutes to read.
4. Make a grocery list to plan for an upcoming visit from family.
5. Cut out paper hearts.
6. Clean the kitchen.
7. Breathe.

This whole reclaiming simplicity, it's going to be a struggle, but here's hoping...

3 comments:

Paul said...

I just couldn't get into Life Aquatic and I'm a HUGE Bill Murray fan.

schaible said...

hm. the life aquatic is my all time favorite movie. did i mention of all time? of all time.

aaron hutchens said...

YOU CAN COUNT THOSE TWO MAGAZINE ARTICLES AS ONE BECAUSE YOU ALSO COUNTED "BREATE" AS ONE... I'M PRETTY SURE REST IS THE THING YOU DO AFTER THE TO DO LIST...