Thursday, August 13, 2009

Delightfully Disillusioned



Seriously disturbed sleep patterns + an altogether fascination with (500) Days of Summer and its accompanying musical treats (see stylized video above. be amused) = some wee morning hour musings of my own.

In attempt not to be a spoiler for those who have not yet seen this adorable cinematic gem, I will simply share some corollary thoughts caused by my viewing... until you're able to go see it yourself. And I strongly urge you to do so.

The more I live, the more I learn how little I know about relationships. They are inexplicably mysterious forces. Their intricate complexities are not to be reckoned with. I've never been in love, but I think I can deduce that it is a strenuously splendid thing that can neither be reasoned into or rushed out of. Similarly, it cannot be conjured from a million well-wishes or come-hither smiles. Love is a profound enigma. I believe it comes when its ready, not when we think we are seasoned for it.

Though I know some about the feminine tendency toward attachment and ridiculous future-casting mental escapades, I also know that not all women are the same. Some of us are more paradoxically careful and carefree with our hearts. Some of us are a combination of disillusioned and hopeful. Some of us, I do declare, are cold to the dream of it all until reality will wake us up in warmth to its bright hues.

I don't know much.

But I do believe (and hope to Goodness Gracious) that it's worth waiting for.

Sweet dreams to you.

3 comments:

jessi casara said...

"Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires."

Song of Solomon 2:7

I learned a lot about love from Mr. Solomon. Not that I always listen, but it's still a nice read. :)

Matt Francisco said...

what a fantastically insightful & clever line: "it is a strenuously splendid thing that can neither be reasoned into or rushed out of." well done, madam

aprusa said...

Love this post! Loved this movie! Yes, it's worth waiting for.

Awesome job on this blog. I wish I had a secret passage into your brain though, you keep everything a little suspenseful!