Sunday, June 28, 2009

Remember























"Keep all God's salvation stories fresh and present." (Micah 6:5, msg)

These words were spoken to the Israelites, many years after their exodus from Egypt. It had been ages since they walked on dry land between walls of water. The taste of manna was long gone from their tongues. They had forgotten how they'd been delivered. They lost sight of the past; their vision was clouded by the present. 

Isn't it all too often that we, too, see only what is an inch in front of our faces? We fail to remember the Lord's provision. We forget what He has accomplished.

This morning, I am compelled to write here of the Lord's salvation stories -- lest I forget when the sun moves behind its next cloud. 

Today, I sit in the paddle boat of my life, casting glance towards where I've been, but rowing my boat forward. I see the tumult of days previous, but I also see the steady hand of my Father, who brought balance and peace. Today, I proclaim the story of salvation, praying that in days ahead, I won't forget. 


No comments: