Monday, April 12, 2010

Mastering the Art

Bonjour.

I'm taking preparations for the upcoming Parisian-adventure very seriously, making myself into a student of the language and culture so as to maximize my appreciation for it all when I arrive.

I've listened to this entertaining podcast about "Americans in Paris" by my beloved Ira.
I've watched this little movie composed of short films about "little neighborhood romances."
I've subscribed to this podcast, hoping to pick up a few helpful phrases.
I've purchased this walking guide to the city.
I've begun reading this account of "holidays" in The City of Lights.
I also plan on tackling a few inspired recipes from here or here before taking flight.

Girl. is. excited.

Oui oui!

1 comment:

erin said...

you should go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_and_Company_%28bookshop%29
even though it seems to be a very british thing to do...