Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blind Bartimus

It started when I heard this passage preached on at church last Sunday.

That got me to remembering her version of this old song called "Blind Bartimus."

Which, lead me down a trail of thinking (and singing)...

When, the "blind beggar" stood on the way where Jesus was, he dependent on others to know that Jesus was passing by. He couldn't see, remember. He was without sight. And so, when He didn't know, when He couldn't see, he counted on the sight of others.

How much are we, too, as believers, part of a body of people who depend on each other's sight and perspective? When we are blind to His presence, we've got a responsibility to each other to remind. He is near.

And when we are aware of his nearness, we can then BE BOLD the way Bartamaeus was bold. In crying out to the "Son of David," he was not only acknowleging that He was the Messiah, he was making a huge statement of faith.

I believe that you are the Son of God.
I believe that you are merciful.
I believe that you can heal me and restore my imparied vision.

As we approach Easter Sunday, let us then, sing songs to remind each other that God is in fact close to us. He is an administer of mercy. He stops to hear our cryings out.

No comments: