Monday, January 26, 2009

Just Noise?

If you're reading this in a Reader, you will not notice that I have added (for a preliminary time) a link to my new Twitter account. I'll be the first to say that I think this quippy of-the-minute update system is a little over-indulgent. It's enough that my far away friends and family get to know me more on this blog than we have the chance for via more real forms of communication... Who really cares that I ate my mama's leftover stuffed shells cold at my desk this afternoon or that I'm watching Gilmore Girls DVDs in bed?

So, why, you ask, am I participating in this constant newfeed? Well, quite frankly, because everyone else is doing it. And while I pride myself on being my very own, I feel as though I've got to at least try and keep up with the media Joneses. My field of work is moving off the page and onto the screen. Words are everywhere, every minute. While it pains me greatly to have to comply, I've got to at least try my hand at keeping up. For a little while, anyway.

I'm pretty old-fashioned. And, to boot, I'm usually the last to know and/or catch on to newfangled forms of technology (pretty ironic in my line of work. I'm supposed to be the first to know, right?) But, here's me... a stubborn 23 year-old dog, struggling to learn the value of this new trick.

No comments: