Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lord, turn the corner in my heart


When I write here, I often feel as though I need to have come to some great revelation; that the Lord needs to have already done some work in my heart that gives me the authority to speak. When you put your words into print, there's just something that feels a bit more been there, learned this. But, today, I am writing as one broken. Today, I write as a heap who needs help being picked up. Today, it feels like my heart is paper-thin and tattered. I am sad, and struggling to put hope in my God. Though I know nothing of the physical and emotional suffering of Job, I find myself in the pain of his accusatory words. Have you forgotten me, O God?

I pray the Lord to turn a corner in my heart, that I can hope in the words of Job's friend:

But if you will seek God earnestly and plead with the Almighty, if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your prosperous state. Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.
Job 8:5-7

1 comment:

Annie said...

i know our hearts aren't enduring the same type of pain right now, but i do, have spent some time sitting in the ashes, and i am trying desperately to get back up. there's a light breaking through this month, and i'm looking hard for it every day. just know you're not alone. (two things to consider: we watched rob bell's nooma video about job on sunday, and it was so, so powerful. see if you can find it. the words take my breath away. also, we're making our way through hosea, and some of those promises remind me that there is pain, but he's always there to bring us back. i think you might find comfort in it too.)