Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cold Tangerines

"I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now." -- Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequest

I am hungry for this fruit. It may be a while before I taste it. I'm currently in the thick of grieving loss, and it's not pretty. And while I cry out and feel forsaken, I know that I am not to grieve like the rest of men. Because I have a God who helps to turn the corner in my heart when I can't. I have a hope -- what right now, feels like a tiny candle's flame of hope. I want to plant myself next to the water that is Truth, establish roots in His Word, become a flourishing tree that bears much fruit. And I want to be able to eat cold tangerines, and giggle, and see redemption in the routine of life.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Hang in there. You'll get to a place of such beauty it will make you cry for joy, instead of grief.