Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Deliver the Letter


It's no secret that I'm a fan of the hand-written note. I have an endless appreciation for the lost art of tangible thoughtfulness. So, as soon as I get my press up and ready, I plan on continuing to deliver sweet somethings in letterpress. Until then, here's a guide to great letter-writing.

1. Secure some sweet stationery. The paper-licious options on etsy abound. I love the typography and deep impression on these. And I can never say no to what comes out of Rifle Paper Company.


2. Brush up on your technique. While you want your notes to be heartfelt and not at all formulaic sounding, there are some sweet tips on getting your message across, care of the one and only, Emily Post. Read her tips here. I also love Ready Made magazine's diagram of a good love letter (as written by Mark Twain to his wife, Livy). See the cute treatment they gave it below.


3. Sign, seal, and deliver. I simply can't stand how much I love the idea of this collage o stamps. If you order a set, it comes with a variety of squares that add up to the correct postage value of sending a letter. And it's just so darn pretty.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of written correspondence myself. There is absolutely no substitute for writing or receiving a beautiful, well-written letter.