Friday, December 17, 2010

A personal advent

advent stockings for purchase here

This really struck a chord with me. I can relate heavily to being in the waiting place known to many simply as the mid-twenties. Though I love and have been greatly blessed by my current job, it cannot sustain. I am in search of what's next. I've held up my end of this bargain. I've put irons in the fire, and watched them burn. I've acted and waited with no bites to date.

This is not new. I sat in this seat last year. Again, I am reminded that my praying and waiting points to a greater Advent. For four weeks leading up to Christmas, children across the globe take it day by day. A piece of chocolate, a charm, a decoration. One at a time, each signals to them the truth that He is coming, but we cannot rush His timing.

As I look ahead this season, may I be reminded once more that He does not intend to exasperate me with the longing. May the days in waiting only cause me to seek Him more, knowing He answers the door to those who knock.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I understand exactly how you feel Cory. The past 8 months have been a season of waiting and sometimes I don't know what for. Your recent posts of Advent and waiting for something so much bigger and beautiful have been wonderful reminders for me.

Meredith said...

two things: i love your blog title. it's not very often that i see such a cute/witty one like it. AND: this post is so poignant. what a great reminder! :)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS