Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Diversified

The light that hits this prism surface wastes no time. It scatters in a million directions away from its source. Each fragment of light may be beautiful, but it is small. It may be brililant, but it is lonely. I sometimes feel that my own efforts are spread out similarly. I have a thousand outlets to be heard. I'm expected to produce here, to communicate here, to inspire confidence here, to update here and here. I'm hoping to begin contributing to this beautiful here. I have a mouthpiece. Heck, I have several. But, am I sacfricing the preciousness of my words? Am I cheapening something by sharing everything? I produce, produce, produce, often rushing to finish my thoughts, just for the sake of saving and closing. Sometimes my ideas are just trails that lead to nowhere. I start what I can't finish. I know that she gets it. And so does she. Until I can grapple with how to maintain the quality of my work in the midst of this quantity-hungry season, I will write here, there, everywhere.

1 comment:

Abby said...

and I will always love what you have to say.