Friday, December 19, 2008

ex-pect-ant [ik-spek-tuhnt]

The advent season brings with it the anticipation of many things including...
Time with Mama.
Daddy.
Megan.
George.
(Cricket).
Unstructured daaaays off of work.
Pj-clad days, fireside nights.
Coffee dates with long-lost ones.
Lingering at the dinner table.
Couch-cuddling, holiday film-viewing.
Ravenous reading.
While I am jumping out of my skin with the excitement for all of the above, I'd be way off-base not to immerse myself in the expectation of my Coming King. May the coming days be soaked in thoughts of His arrival... Let's, too, proceed as with the bated-breath, Mary-like enthusiasm of a mother waiting for her precious one to join her in the world.
Look! The LORD is coming from his dwelling place; he comes down and treads the high places of the earth. (Micah 1:3)

No comments: