Monday, December 1, 2008

And sometimes... I'm Glad


Well, rats. For 23 years, I've wrongly thought that the Madeline theme song said, "I'm Madeline, I'm Madeline, and sometimes... I'm glad!" I went to YouTube to substantiate my supposition with a cute video posting, and found... that in fact, it doesn't say that at all. Well color me disappointed.

Though my previously-decided-upon post title and graphic have now been proven erroneous, with chin-up, I proceed with some reasons to be glad on this wind-whipping day:

I just went for the most delightful lunch hour. It was (as I prayed my Thanksgiving break would be) a pleasant combination of productivity and stillness. In the span of an hour, I:

a) Made a small, but helpful deposit to my bank account. Thank you, Alabama Dept. of Revenue for a timely reimbursement.
b) Visited a good-old-boy shoe repair shop and made an Sicilian-family connection with the smiling cobbler.
c) Ordered a kid-sized hot chocolate and instead got a free-of-charge size upgrade and a personal drink delivery.
d) Listened to the Avett Brothers.
e) Read my book club book and thought about the narrator's idea of the "Great Perhaps." I'm quite fond of the idea that the rest of my life is one big fat "Great Perhaps."
f) Thought about homemade Christmas gifts, as inspired by this video.

No comments: