Monday, October 13, 2008

Nostalgiamania

This morning, I tread the path of my former years. I clothed myself in anonymity amid the replacement students of my alma mater. I sipped a slow warm mug of Walker's coffee, and chased it down with a solo walk through North Campus, clicking the sights into my digital eyes for later remembrance. I snapped "hip shots" of the grassy knoll where I used to enjoy long lingering picnics with my senior year "lunch bunch." I moseyed over to the library, gazing up to remember my study sessions nestled in the nook of the sixth floor alcoves. I headed past the law library, thinking of the many times I walked those stairs, collecting friends along the way toward downtown. I walked around the Arches, wishing that I could again be the wide-eyed superstitious undergrad who knew better than to pass beneath and thereby threaten all hopes of graduating. I perpetually long for the hope mixed with fear that accompanied my life before real life began.

The fall is beautiful in Athens.

No comments: