Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just my type.



There's a special someone in my life. His name is Archer, and ever since he came onto the scene, he's been my go-to guy. I spend time with him every.single.day. When I write emails, he is there. When I labor to find the words for my latest articles, he's by my side. Archer is my new favorite font. I think we'll be life-long friends.

When Martha Stewart's creative team invented this rounded, seriffed slice of typographic heaven for her magazine, I rejoiced! When they decided to release their design to the eager font-loving world, I fist-pumped for three days straight.

I've always loved type. Visual presentation of a message is just as important and telling as the words chosen to communicate it. That's why I fell in looooove with this website. Jessica Hische is a real treasure, Her artistry graces the covers of books and composes the nameplates of websites. And, do you know what? Her website is written in Archer. Icing on the cake.

No comments: