Thursday, August 28, 2008

To do or not to do. That is the question.


When chaos characterizes me and I find myself endlessly scribbling away mile-long to-do lists, I have the overwhelming temptation to rebel by doing NOTHING. It's fool proof. I get paralyzed by options, requirements, assignments, expectations.... Here are somethings that I should be doing:
-packing for a Labor Day weekend away (I'm with Kevin McAllister on this one. "You mean I have to pack my own suitcase?")
-planning for the next couple of events coming up at work
-transcribing two 3o min (+) long interviews. (bleh)
- catching up on emails and reading the bajillion entries on my Google Reader
-cleaning my room
- organizing my life
Instead, I'm:
-reading home decor blogs
-craiglisting
-making dinner plans
Instead, I'm doing this. Gloria Steinem once said, "Writing is the only thing that when I do it, I don't feel like I should be doing something else." Amen, sister. Though the world and its demands awaits me on the other side of my final punctuation mark, I chose to lose myself in this now.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Your blog is totally out of the closet. Iam resubscribing.

Elaine Davis said...

yeah! i didn't know that you had a blog you little secret blogger!