Monday, August 4, 2008

The Glad Game


I realize that I've been dwelling on the glum here lately. I've had a change of heart. I'm forcing my chin up,and I'm joining Pollyanna in playing The Glad Game. I really do have a lot to be glad about. For example:
1. I just moved into the most extraordinary historic home in a lovely-beyond-lovely part of town. I live with three other precious girls in whom I have highs hope to find dear friends.
2. My walk score is 68 out of 100, meaning that I can walk to the grocery store, the weekend farmer's market, the pharmacy. AND, that trusty website didn't even pick up on the fact that I can walk to my friends' house in just five short minutes. If you ask me, that'd boost my score by at least ten points.
3. I have restored hope that church can be and is both inside and outside of four walls.
4. I have been blessed with incredible, sit-on-the-couch-and-do-nothing friends that will still be friends, no matter what distance separates us.
5. I have restored confidence that to be slightly good at lots of different things is just fine. In fact, it's great.
6. It's sunny and hot. Sweating profusely is nearly enjoyable when followed by a cool shower or bath.
7. My new sunroom. Not only is it home to my craigslisted loveseat (which I LOVE, appropriately), but it's also the blank slate for my "salon style" wall.
8. I'm reeeeeellly excited about my new bookclub and the burgeoning friends it promises.
9. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants comes out this week. Beautiful Greece. Rory (or Alexis Bledel, rather) and a coming-of-age plot. Love it.
10. The workplace is on its way to becoming a more peaceful harmonious place, and I couldn't be gladder.
In an effort to stay upbeat, I think it'd be beneficial to think of at least one glad item a day. Here's to rediscovering joy.

2 comments:

Carla Jean said...

Not surprisingly, I ranked only an 11 on the walk score. I still love my apartment, but it WOULD be nice to kick that up a few (dozen) points!

Can't WAIT to see your new place.

Elaine Davis said...

no WAY! i blogged about pollyanna last week! craziness!