Monday, June 25, 2012


I'm twenty-seven years old today. 

Twenty-seven years young, rather.

Time has a funny way of running backwards. When I graduated college five years ago, I was so anxious, so certain that I needed to make decisions to solidify my future. Career, home, friends. I was setting precedents, I was settling. So, I thought. 

But, the older I get, (by grace alone) the wiser I become, the more I realize that I have more time to figure it out than I ever imagined. I'm in my fourth job, my fourth home. Over the last five years, my personal style has totally morphed. I've added entirely new columns to my resume. I'm a work in progress. And, that is a-okay.

I don't have to lose sleep at night about figuring out my days, my path, my progression. Life has this way of making one thing, one misfortune, turn into my next great passion or stepping stone.

Today, as I think back on the days I've been given, I'm grateful to a God who gives me sure footing in knowing Him. I'm grateful for family, for friends, for the church that always points me back to the Truth. 

I'm glad that my age doesn't dictate how settled I am supposed to be. I am who I am. My experiences have brought me here to be just who I am supposed to be on this June day. 

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I'm so late. We were out of town last week. Hope it was a fantastic day.