Sunday, April 1, 2012

Learning Late from Lent


Do we really believe that we are held by a God whose love does not let go? Though we may thrash and tug and try to walk away, do we really believe that God's grip on us is tighter?

This lent season sure is good about reminding me of depravity. Too good. I admit that, far too often, I get stuck in the pit of my utter helplessness. I forget the long arm of Christ that has reached down from heaven to pull me out. During this last week of reflection, I want to really think on the goodness of that Friday. When he died, he gathered up our shame and guilt and took it with him to death. That leaves us with an undeserved lightness. Let's live in it. And give thanks for the way He grabs us between the fingers, even when our arms are crossed.


No comments: