Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Charm your body

I ran across this little book, entitled 1000 Things To Do, while sifting through an exhibit at the New York Center for the Book Arts a few weeks ago during my foray in the Big City.* For twenty or thirty pages, the book goes on with these non-related one-liners, suggestions of commendable, fun or purposeless things to do. I think I liked this page for the challenge to "Charm your body into thinking all things are possible." I can't say why this struck me. I have no idea what charming your body entails. But, for unspeakable reasons, I find it an inspiring dare. I want to figure out what it means and do it. I want to be randomly kind, brave and encouraging. I want to believe again that --though I am in my mid-twenties, that though I will soon have been out of college as long as I was in it, that though I am still floundering to figure out my life and its goal-- anything is attainable.

*By the way, I have had this song in my head off and on since I've been home. What gives?

1 comment:

Annie said...

"i will soon have been out of college as long as i was in it..."

oh friend... that is both an exhilarating and terrifying thought. there is so much to be done! and now i am intrigued: "charm your body." i will be thinking about this. it could mean so many things; maybe that's its beauty?